Studio Wildcard has announced that the latest update for ARK Survival Evolved is all about… Eggs.
What has now become a seasonal event means being able to find and create more craftable items and holiday-themed items.
Bunny Eggs are the key to unlocking some of these cosmetics, which will spawn randomly across the island.
“During Eggcellent Adventure, survivors will be able to collect special “Bunny Eggs” across the ARK from wild Bunny Dodo’s,” a message from Studio Wildcard confirms.
“These Bunny Eggs can paint or used in special Cooking Pot recipes to craft new holiday-themed item skins the Marshmallow Dodo Hat and Chocolate Bunny Club, as well as returning skins: Bunny Ears, a Bunny Costume for the Procoptodon, Knitted Chick Hat, and Egg Shell Hat.”
Fans may also start seeing new Bunny Oviraptors, who will drop festive Dino Candy this year.
And there will also be wild creatures roaming the ARKs, sporting bright colours of Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue.
Adding these new creatures meant clearing all of the wild dinos on the official servers so that the event coloured dinos would spawn right away.
The downside to this being that it will cause the servers to show up a little slower initially, something that fans are used to.
The new ARK Survival Evolved also comes with a surprisingly long list of patch notes, filled with new bugfixes.
This includes all the details you need on the new ARK event, as well as a bunch of information on what has been tweaked on PS4 and Xbox One.
Studio Wildcard also released a new announcement covering the problems with players using exploits to build bases outside the normal map.
“Meshing” is a significant problem and is something that Studio Wildcard are trying to combat it with new information and data.
“The Enforcement Team has employed the use of new data and metrics in an effort to combat meshing and investigate each case thoroughly,” a new message from Wildcard explains.
“In many cases, they are preventing minor issues from becoming substantial ones. The mesh detection tool has provided the Enforcement Team with new data that enables them to act “quickly and efficiently. If the mesh detection tool becomes more refined, we plan to integrate it on other platforms (like console) to reduce meshing exploits in a more automated fashion.
“The Enforcement Team has seen a noticeable drop in reports related to meshing because of these implementations, and we feel we are making positive strides towards eliminating this issue as a whole.”
FULL PATCH NOTES FOR ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED UPDATE
Eggcellent Adventure 4 (2019)
- Auto Activates 4/16-4/30
- Not supported in Primitive Plus mode
- Wild Bunny Oviraptors
- 50% of wild Oviraptors (33% of wild Aberrant Dodos on Aberration) are Bunny Oviraptors
- Cannot be tamed
- NEW! Drop Easter Candy as they spread Easter joy!
- Feed your candy to your tame for a fun festive effect!
- Wild Bunny Dodos
- 50% of wild Dodos (33% of wild Aberrant Dodos on Aberration) are Bunny Dodos
- Cannot be tamed
- Drop Easter Eggs as they spread Easter joy!
- Easter Eggs
- Can be placed in the world and painted
- Easter Skins
- Craftable in the Cooking Pot from Easter Eggs
- Bunny Ears Skin
- Procoptodon Bunny Costume
- NEW! Marshmallow Dodo Hat
- NEW! Chocolate Bunny Club
- Egg Shell Hat
- Chick Hat
- Wild creatures have a chance to spawn with additional colors: Green, Magenta, Yellow, and Blue
- Drastically reduce frost breath range
- Freezing stops at approximately turret range
- Damage stops at approximately half turret range
- Fixed inability to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
- Fixed inability to harvest coal from obsidian
- Fixed inability to harvest beeswax
- Fixed problems with beehive functionality
- Cauldron/Industrial Cooker can now craft new kibble
- New kibble is now functional on dinos
- Desert Titan now requires line-of-sight to do melee or lightning damage
- Prevented cryoing Karkinos while they are carrying something
- Fixed exploit related to Rockwell Tentacles
- Fixed exploit related to Tek Swords
- Fixed exploit related to Fish Baskets
- Fixed issue with blue mushrooms not allowing Ankylo to harvest properly
- Enable platform build limits saddles PlatformSaddleBuildAreaBoundsMultiplier, can be used to increase this radius on unofficials
- Prevent platform Saddles counting towards the max turret limit
- Now properly supports Weapons on Humans!
- Adjusted Desert Titan’s dermis offset
- Icon Iteration
- Fixed LODs for Tek Triangle Roof
- Setup colorization for Fence Foundation
- Setup colorization for Wood Railing
- Added a hard clamp to damage reflection
- Fixed transponders disappearing
- Placed Transponder Node no longer scales up after restart
- Updated description of Mind Wipe to reflect 24-hour cooldown
- Fixed rendering artifact in Scorched Earth Dust Storm
- Fixed rendering artifact in Extinction Ascension
- Cryosick dinos are no longer able to attack
- Now use players in-game name in the tribe log
- Now supports pulling water from any connected source
- Never auto-activates when connected to water
- Removed GlobalCuddleFoodList Override array
- Use FastTurretTargeting system automatically for anything moving faster than 300 cm/s
Sloped Wooden Wall
- Adjusted Left Sloped Wooden Wall to fit better with attaching to a normal wall
- Can now place C4 near ORP protected structures, except near foundations
- Dino leashes no longer can be placed near enemy foundations
LOD iteration for
- Flak Armor
- Ghillie Armor