Goanna Accidentally Swallows 6 Golf Balls


Concerned for her health, the man immediately contacted wildlife rescue WIRES Northern Rivers and kept the very confused lizard contained in the chicken coop until they arrived. She wasn’t showing any signs of discomfort or distress at that point, but her rescuers knew that leaving the golf balls in her system could cause her long-term harm, and so they were eager to try and help her as soon as possible. 

“A lace monitor’s first line of defense is camouflage, so initially she was very still, hoping we might not notice her,” Martin Fitzgerald, reptile coordinator with WIRES Northern Rivers, told The Dodo. “Naturally as I approached she became defensive … So great care was taken to ensure the safety of the goanna and myself, the rescuer.”

Source link